We desire for everyone who comes to BHB to not only participate in large group environments (e.g. the Sunday morning Gathering) but also to be actively involved in smaller (community) groups (e.g. Sunday School and Growth Groups). Relationships are a priority at BHB, and though relationships can be messy, we believe growth groups can offer the benefits of authentic community: encouragement, accountability, connection and fun. Ultimately, we believe sustaining life change occurs through growth groups. Here are the top reasons why:
- You will have the opportunity to study the Bible together and discuss the issues and challenges of life. Growth groups offer a good place to ask questions.
- You will have the opportunity to develop deeper friendships with other people who will walk beside you on your journey as a follower of Christ.
- You will have the opportunity to find some answers and support regarding the needs in your life through group prayer.
- You will have the opportunity to share what’s going on…what’s good, what’s bad, and how you need help in a time of change or crisis.
- You will have the opportunity to demonstrate the New Testament example of community. Early followers of Christ gathered in homes, shared meals, read the Word, prayed, worshiped and helped one another (Acts 2:42-47, 5:42).
- You will have the opportunity to serve others by bearing their burdens, meeting their needs and stepping out beyond your own issues.
- You will have the opportunity to move from simply being a spectator to being a participant.
A growth group consists of 12 to 15 individuals who have committed to meet weekly for 3-4 months (one semester). In spite of our hectic and busy lifestyles, we carve out time each week to be with other people.
Buckhead’s Play Groups are relaxed, informal events designed to help you build real relationships while having fun! Whether it’s watching a movie, playing laser tag or going extreme bowling… it’s an easy way to check out Buckhead Baptist, meet new people, and just have a good time. Upcoming Play Groups include bowling night, night at the movies, church picnic, and a spring festival.