Our responsibility as a church is to provide opportunities that promote and encourage the process of spiritual growth. At BHB, this happens through our strategy of GATHER, CONNECT AND SERVE. We believe strongly in relationship building, so everything we do as a church is designed to get people to fully participate in this strategy.
Once someone decides to become a follower of Jesus, salvation, baptism and connection with a church family are the next steps. However, becoming a GROWING follower of Jesus is a process, not a destination. The following is a list of values that are necessary for everyone who desires a growing relationship with Jesus.
A growing follower of Jesus values…
Buckhead Baptist Church believes that spiritual growth happens when a believer takes responsibility for his or her personal relationship with God.
- GATHERING: consistently gathering with the Church to celebrate Jesus and encounter Biblical teaching. (Acts 2:42, Hebrews 10:25)
- COMMUNITY: building authentic relationships of encouragement and accountability with other followers of Jesus. (Acts 2:44, 1 Corinthians 12:12)
- SERVING: developing a servant’s heart that looks to always meet the needs of others. (Matthew 20:28, 1 Peter 4:10)
- PRAYER: maintaining a continuous conversation with God. (1 Thessalonians 5:17, James 5:16)
- GOD’S WORD: spending consistent time reading the Bible and applying its Truth. (Acts 2:42, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- SHARING THEIR STORY: creating conversations about what God has done and is doing in his/her life. (Acts 1:8, 1 Peter 3:15)
- WISDOM: seeking God’s will in all decisions. (Proverbs 8:11, James 1:5)
- GENEROSITY: developing a growing generosity with resources and finances. (Proverbs 3:9, 2 Corinthians 9:7)
- INTEGRITY: striving to develop a reputation that honors God. (Matthew 5:16, Ephesians 4:1-3)
- INFLUENCE: maximizing influence to point others to Jesus. (Deuteronomy 4:9, 1 Peter 3:16)