Having received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and been baptized, and being in full agreement with Buckhead’s statements, strategy, and structure, I commit myself to God and to other members to do the following:
I will protect the unity of Buckhead by . . .
- . . . acting in love toward other members
- . . . refusing to gossip
- . . . following the leaders“So let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony, and on the growth of our fellowship together” (Romans 14:19).“Have a sincere love for other believers, love one another earnestly with all your heart” (I Peter 1:22).
- “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs” (Ephesians 4:29).
- “Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you and they must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be no advantage to you” (Hebrews 13:17).
I will share the responsibility of Buckhead by . . .
- . . . praying for its growth
- . . . inviting the unchurched to attend
- . . . by warmly welcoming those who visit“To the church . . . We always thank God for you and pray for you constantly” (I Thess. 1:1-2).
- “The Master said to the servant, “Go out to the roads and country lanes, and urge the people there to come so my house will be full” (Luke 14:23).“So, warmly welcome each other into the church, just as Christ has warmly welcomed you; then God will be glorified” (Romans 15:7).
I will serve the ministry of Buckhead by . . .
- . . . discovering and using my gifts and talents
- . . . being equipped to serve by my pastor, staff, and/or others
- . . . developing a servant’s heart“Serve one another with the particular gifts God has given each of you” (I Peter 4:10).“He gave . . . some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up” (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who . . . became a servant” (Phil. 2:3-4, 7).
I will support the testimony of the church by . . .
- . . . attending faithfully
- . . . living a Godly life
- . . . giving regularly“Let us not give up meeting together . . . but let us encourage one another” (Heb. 10:25).“Whatever happens, make sure that your everyday life is worthy of the gospel of Christ” (Phil. 1:27).
- “Each one of you, on the first day of each week, should set aside a specific sum of money in proportion to what you have earned and use it for the offering” (I Cor. 16:2).