The Vision our ChurchOur Guiding Vision Statement is as follows (this is our destination):
A growing, healthy church in Atlanta that is modeled after God’s Kingdom where diversity is celebrated and embraced. An international, interracial, and equally gendered church where unity exists through a shared allegiance in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
The Mission our ChurchOur Guiding Mission Statement is as follows (this is how we get to our destination):
- Pursuing the mission of God by fulfilling the Great Commission, embodying the Great Commandment, and demonstrating the Great Compassion.
- We do this by ministering God’s Word, in both word and deed, in such a way that it enables authentic life-transforming relationships to be formed with God and with one another.
- The Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20)—Creating disciples through ministering God’s Word.
- The Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40)—Loving God and neighbor.
- The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17)—Loving God and loving one another.
- The Great Compassion (Matthew 25:34-41)—Serving the ‘least of these.’
- Jesus’ Call (Luke 4:18; James 1:27)—Social action to help the oppressed.
- Pure & Faultless Religion (James 1:27)—Helping orphans & widows in distress.
- Jesus’ Command (John 13:34-35)—Known by our agape love.